In accordance with decree № 2020-260 of March 16, 2020 on the regulation of travel in the context of the fight against the spread of the Covid-19 virus, in France, the maritime prefecture of the Mediterranean specified that recreational boating activities, tourism or water sports are also prohibited in the Mediterranean Sea.
These restrictive measures also allow the preservation of means of rescue at sea in order to dedicate them more specifically to possible health interventions linked to the epidemic in progress.
However, some professional yachting activities are now possible. Indeed, in certain cases, exceptional authorizations have been adjusted, thus allowing certain professional maritime activities to be maintained, while respecting basic health rules.
In order to provide periodic information to our customers, but also to boaters in general, YACHTS INVEST informs you of the summary of activities authorized in the Mediterranean Zone.
The decree of March 20, 2020 relating to the regulation of the navigation of vessels and maritime activities in French internal and territorial waters of the Mediterranean, provides for a derogation, for the movement of vessels in the following cases:
- Stopover of cruise ships and non-scheduled passenger ships whose ports of call are accepted by the port police authority,
- Vessels providing a supply provisioning service for the benefit of other vessels,
- Vessels under repair at a shipyard as part of a transfer or sea trials (subject to the express agreement of the national navy’s semaphore closest to the yard),
- These vessels are authorized to anchor in compliance with the regulations in force.
- In addition, French vessels and vessels under a foreign flag are authorized to reach their homeport on the French coast, subject to having made a prior declaration to the Prefecture concerned.
- Pleasure vessels navigation and mooring at anchor are still prohibited.
To learn more:
Contact email: email@example.com
As part of our Yacht Management activities and thanks to this flexibility in professional yachting activities, YACHTS INVEST will recommence the follow-up of our boats in shipyards, whether as new constructions, refit or for annual maintenance in preparation for the 2020 summer season.
Even if we do not anticipate a rapid “return to normal” in the nautical sector in France, we are very pleased to learn that, little by little and gradually, the yachting activities can start resuming on the French Riviera.
Stay safe and stay tuned for more information of yachting activities in the south of France, in relation to the Covid-19 pandemic.