If you are considering chartering a yacht during EURO 2016, YACHTS INVEST in Cannes is the right choice for booking your boat rental South of France.
The 2016 UEFA European Football Championship, simply referred to as EURO 2016, will be the 15th edition of the quadrennial international men’s football championship of Europe organized by UEFA. It is scheduled to be held here in France from June 10th to July 10th 2016.
For the first time, the European Championship final tournament will be contested by 24 teams. Under this new format, the finalists will contest a group stage consisting of six groups of four teams, followed by knockout stages including three rounds and the final in Paris.
With France being the host nation, the matches will be played in ten stadiums in the cities of: Bordeaux, Lens, Lille, Lyon, Marseille, Nice, Paris, Saint-Denis, Saint-Étienne and Toulouse. This will be the third time that France hosts the tournament and the French National team has won the European Championship twice in 1984 and 2000.
The 24 national teams qualified to dispute the EURO 2016 trophy are (in alphabetical order): Albania, Austria, Belgium, Croatia, England, France (Host), Germany, Hungary, Iceland, Italy, Northern Ireland, Poland, Portugal, Republic of Ireland, Romania, Russia, Slovakia, Spain (two-time defending champions), Sweden, Switzerland, Turkey, Ukraine and Wales.
STADIUMS AND MATCHES IN SOUTH OF FRANCE
When chartering a yacht during EURO 2016, you may attend the following matches in South of France:
Marseille Velodrome Stadium (capacity 67,400 spectators) – The recently refurbished and upgraded Velodrome Stadium in Marseille will be holding 6 matches: Sat 11/06 England-Russia, Wed 15/06 France-Albania, Sat 18/06 Iceland-Hungary, Tue 21/06 Ukraine-Poland, Thurs 30/06 Quarter-finals, Thurs 07/07 Semi-final.
Nice Allianz Riviera Stadium (capacity 35,700 spectators) – The brand new Allianz Riviera Stadium in Nice French Riviera will be holding 4 matches: Sun 12/06 Poland-Northern Ireland, Fri 17/06 Spain-Turkey, Wed 22/06 Sweden-Belgium, Mon 27/06 Eighth-Finals (a good chance Russia plays here).
Marseille and Nice are very well communicated, a 2 hour motorway drive from each other and both with International Airports.
CHATERING A YACHT DURING EURO 2016 – SERVICES
For boat rental South of France during the UEFA EURO 2016, our services can include:
- Day-charter or weekly charters, or longer…
- Assisting in choosing a motor yacht or sailboat in our charter fleet,
- Assisting in defining a cruising program and destinations to visit, with cultural discovery stopovers throughout the cruise,
- Negotiating a special discount with the Owners of the boat,
- Berthing in Marseille and surrounding areas,
- Berthing in Nice or other marinas on the French Riviera,
- Catering and special requests,
- Fine yacht provisioning and supplies,
- Making sure all appropriate audiovisual equipment is on-board for comfortably viewing the matches and entertaining guests,
- Organizing static corporate events, for companies wishing to host meetings around de EURO 2016,
- High-exposure promotion of a brand, trademark or company at this international sporting event,
- Organizing other private events on request,
- Recommending a third-party supplier capable of obtaining tickets for the matches,
- Assist for transfers Airport-Marina-Airport,
- Assist for transfers Marina-Stadium-Marina,
- Taxi or maritime convoy between the destinations.
YACHTS INVEST charter brokers have experience in organizing other yacht charters related to international sporting events such as the Monaco Formula 1 Grand Prix. We count on a wide selection of yachts for boat rental in the South of France to propose for this event. We would be pleased to assist you in chartering a yacht during EURO 2016.
Given the magnitude of the sporting event, chartering a yacht during EURO 2016 needs to be booked as soon as possible since we anticipate a very busy season for boat rental in the South of France this summer. So, we advise to contact your charter broker at YACHTS INVEST now!