We have great news for boaters in south of France:
Indeed, following the last announcements by the President of the French Republic, the restrictive provisions of pleasure yachting in the Mediterranean regarding the COVID-19 pandemic, were not extended beyond June 15, 2020.
- Vessels coming from the Schengen zone are authorized to stop over, anchor or stop in French internal and territorial waters. However, some countries in the Schengen area may still prohibit the access of pleasure craft to their waters;
- Commercial vessels with professional crews are now authorized to charter;
- Nautical activities are authorized within the prerogatives of the maritime prefect of the Mediterranean;
- Nautical events are authorized subject to respecting the conditions defined by the state of sanitary emergency – It is therefore highly likely that the Cannes Yachting Festival and Monaco Yacht Show of 2020 will take place.
At sea, the following measures contribute to the caution and vigilance of all boaters:
- All pleasure craft from abroad intending to call, anchor or stop in French internal or territorial waters must declare to the Regional Operational Center for Mediterranean Surveillance and Rescue (CROSS- Med) their health situation;
- Similarly, all vessels, regardless of their flag, must report any suspected or proven cases of COVID-19 on board the vessel to CROSS-Med. More generally, at sea, the CROSS and the semaphores are the interlocutors of vessels for any abnormal situation.
After several weeks of inactivity for crews and boaters, and therefore a period without checking and routine maintenance of the equipment, the maritime prefecture recommends before proceeding going out on the water:
- verification of your good physical condition;
- checking the general condition of the vessel (engines, sails, rigging, etc.);
- the conformity and condition of the mandatory safety equipment;
- control of the ability to manoeuvre;
- verification of the reception conditions of the port of destination.
Finally, the maritime prefecture recalls that it is essential to have means of communication with charged battery to reach the CROSS Med if necessary (on 196 from any telephone or channel 16 by VHF).
In France and Monaco, we can therefore finally consider a return to “normal” yachting conditions in the Mediterranean!
The team of YACHTS INVEST is very happy to announce to its customers, collaborators and partners this good news, having already resumed 100% its yachting services including sales, brokerage, charter and management of luxury yachts.